Thursday 31 July 2014

RAF Tucano-R

In a earlier article I wrote on the selection of the paint scheme but however it is one thing to look a 2D render of the RAF scheme on the Shorts T1 Tucano but how would the arrangement transfer to a replica. The easiest way was to commission a scale model of the Tucano_R. and the results are shown below




The model scale is 1: 65 of the Tucano-R in the RAF scheme and it transferred well, in fact I think it looks slicker on the Tucano-R cowl but beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.

I have noticed that the panel cover has had the air vents bump deleted on the fixed gear version and this creates a cleaner line if what I think I see is correct.  Airframe assembly is expected to begin in late August. once the paperwork and tools are in place and all the duck's are lined up.

No comments: