Wednesday 18 December 2013

The Brackets Revenge

Just when I thought that everything was fine an email arrived from Mudgee Council saying I did not have a building certificate. A check of the Development Application did indeed say I needed one and this was one day before a scheduled pour. The lost bracket time and lack of attention by myself has now come back to bite.

Rob rang me from the airport to ask what I was doing and I indicated that I was on it.

After all the problems Mick had borne, my failure to fully read the paperwork left me feeling I had just acquired a new life skill - the ability to walk under snail slime...!

The staff at the council were more than helpful in this and quickly emailed me a bill and all the forms that saved me hours of web trolling. A panic trip home, grab the paperwork scream back to work and start filling out the documents. Luckily, Maria, my wife is a legend in keeping the paper together and all the numbers were there.

A quick run to the fax with more pain for the credit card and it was all in Mudgee Councils fax machine. I rang the council and was told it had to be cleared by Friday or it would be next year - we had two days. I expected that and resigned myself to live under a canopy of snail slime for a while.

Rob Loneragan the developer of the Rylstone Air Park rang me to inquire to the status of the paperwork and I informed him that it was most likely not be finished this side of the New Year. Rob offered to speak to the council on my behalf and I was very thankful but not hopeful. The day at work went by and soon it was 5 pm and I decided to work back to clear paperwork.

Suddenly, I have mail and it's from the Mudgee council with a PDF of the Certificate of Construction, I quickly emailed Mick's office and all of us were now trying to contact Mick to say at least we had all the paper and the rest was his call.

It is only a week till Christmas and Rob Loneragan had in my opinion performed in keeping with the season a miracle of a biblical nature - bureaucratic approval in 8 hours....! 

Will we pour that is in the lap of the gods but in keeping with the Season, I now feel there may be hope for us all.....

A Merry Christmas to all.

No comments: